Accessories are an essential part of our wardrobe. A perfect outfit isn’t complete without the earrings, necklace, bracelets, rings, scarves, belts, etc. that add that final touch to compliment your style. Whether you are a casual dresser, jeans everyday type, or can’t go a day without wearing pumps; a little accessory will put that twist to your outfit making it YOU. New Years is right around the corner and what better way to start off the new year than looking fly and feeling like a G6? Now don’t go crazy and overdo it with the accessories either. That’s a major no-no. We want to look good, NOT ridiculous. Here are some pointers that can help you when choosing accessories:
1. Dress up your hair. Whether you throw it up or leave it down, add a little pizazz to your do by clipping a decorative piece in your hair or a stylish headband.
2. Decorate your neck. Sometimes a bare neck can be sexy but it all depends on what you’re wearing, and how you’re wearing it. If you wear an open, low cut or strapless top you could wear a necklace that wraps around your neckline, like a choker. Or you can wear a necklace whose pendant falls right above your cleavage. As well as for a v-neck, a simple necklace with a decorative pendant would look nice. For a neckline that covers the chest, a longer necklace would ornate your outfit. Not too long though, only long enough for the chain or pendant to fall right around the center of your chest.
3. Are your ears pierced? Matching earrings always stand out and bring more attention to your face. Wear medium to large earrings if you’re wearing your hair up. Hoops, dangles and chandeliers are nice if you have short hair or wear your hair down. The earrings will be playing peek-a-boo with your hair and give about a flirty look to the observer. For those of you who do not have your ears pierced, there are very lovely and trendy clip-on earrings for all tastes.
4. One or two rings on each hand will put the shine to your touch. Make sure that the ring(s) you decide to wear compliment your earrings and/or bring out the detail on your necklace.
5. Bracelets/bangles. You have to be very careful when choosing to wear bracelets/bangles. A sleeve of bracelets/bangles can look cute, but not recommended unless you’re still in high school. Instead of wearing 10 bracelets/bangles try one or two very detailed pieces that compliment the other accessories you are wearing.
6. Now you know you never leave the house empty handed and you can’t carry all your belongings in your hands. That is why picking the perfect handbag or clutch is significant. A handbag/clutch isn’t just an object you carry your things around in. It has to be the most important accessory. Your handbag/clutch has to be big enough to carry your most vital assets and it most definitely has to compliment your outfit from head to toe.
7. Keep it lite. I know its New Years and you want to look your best, and there’s nothing wrong with that. However, you don’t want to look like Times Square… too much going on. You can look classy, sexy, fly and hot without wearing too much ( accessories, that is 😉 ).
8. Most importantly, make sure the accessories you wear match. No random colors, patterns or designs if they do not compliment your outfit. Make sure that all the accessories being worn have similar features. Whether it is a hint of gold or all diamonds, wooden accessories or glass beads and gems. Every little detail counts. Therefore your earrings should compliment your necklace, which should resemble your rings, which should be well accompanied by the bracelets/bangles you wear, as well as the hair clips and clutch that you decide to rock.